The IDA Young Leaders Program was officially launched at the 2009 World Congress in Dubai. The goals of this exciting initiative are to help promote opportunities in the industry, support career advancement, and provide a forum for communication and the exchange of ideas among young professionals and the industry at large. The YLP is open to any IDA member 35 years of age or under.
For the latest information about the YLP, please visit the dedicated YLP website here. The website contains information on planned Educational Tours, Industry Careers, the committee members, awards and everything else YLP. Please bookmark this site and check it regularly.
To become an IDA-YLP member, go to the Membership tab on our website – www.idadesal.org, go to the section that says Join/Renew, and choose the appropriate membership category. Please note, for a student membership, you will be required to upload your fulltime student status via a copy of your student ID or a letter from your educational institute. There is a section to join YLP after selecting your membership category.
IDA Announces New YLP Committee
IDA is pleased to announce the new YLP for the 2017-2019 term which assumed office at the end of the World Congress in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Mohamed Atta Aljaj, PhD Candidate, Hamad bin Khalifa University (HBKU) – Qatar
- Magda Armendariz, PhD Student, Instituto Tecnologico de Sonora – Mexico
- Monica Boodhan, Physics Lecturer, University of Trinidad and Tobago and
PhD Candidate, University of the West Indies – Trinidad and Tobago
- Holly Churman, Lead Water/Wastewater Engineer, GHD – USA
- Eduard Gasia Bruch, Chemical Engineer, Dow Water & Process Solutions – Spain
- Rahul Hampaul, Senior Engineer, Indigenous and Northern Affairs – Canada
- Naomi Jones, System Sales Engineer, H2O Innovation – USA
- Nicholas Nelson, Head of Competence Centre Water Treatment, Omya International AG – Switzerland
- Muhammad Wakil Shahzad, Research Scientist, King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST) – Saudi Arabia
- Kamakshi Sharma, Technology Development Engineer, QUA Group – USA
- Michael Warady, Project Manager, aquaTECTURE – USA
Each Committee member plays a vital role in keeping YLP functions effective and beneficial for YLP members. They will organize and coordinate networking events, university outreach, educational tours, bulletins, mentor programs, webinars and communication with members, among other activities during their term.
In addition to Committee members, the YLP is fully supported by the IDA Board of Directors YLP Committee Chair, Mr. Juan Miguel Pinto and Co-Chair, Mr. Greg Wetterau. They act as a direct link to the IDA Board of Directors to provide assistance and guidance for the YLP.
We encourage members to remain active in IDA and the YLP as we need your energy, enthusiasm and dedication to further develop the program. If you have any ideas or wish to contribute your time to YLP functions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.